19 October 2006

Word Association

Okay I'm finally going to do your tag Jes. Don't expect brillant things though.

Adaptable - I think of movement. Maybe that just comes to mind because as a Navy spouse you move all the time. I think you have to be very adaptable to make it as a military spouse. Am I adaptable? That depends. I'm a planner. I like to know what I'm doing on any certain day. I have to think things through. It annoys Hubby to no end when I pester him to know what time we're leaving, arriving, staying, leaving again, blah, blah, blah and it's only dinner out. Does that mean I can't cope with him leaving on cruise and not truly knowing when he'll be back? Nah, I'm fine with that, because once he's gone he doesn't affect my day to day activities.

Ego - I think superego. I don't know why though. I think that's all I took from my Psychology of Adjustment class in college. Don't ask me to explain what it is though, no clue, I just remember the word. Once I get past that though I think of a couple of choice people around here having quite a large ego. My biggest pet peeve? Ignorant people, but it's even worse when they have a big ego.

Sensitive - I think doctor's offices. I know what you're thinking, "Weirdo!" But I consider myself an extremely sensitive person. I might not come off that way but trust me... So back to the doctor thing. I tend to only go to the doctor if something's seriously wrong or for my yearly check-up. Inevitably the whole issue of my lack of periods comes up and no joke, the tears come. I have no idea why. It really freaks me out. I guess I feel like something is horribly wrong and I'm being viewed as not normal (ummm, cause I'm not) and pitied. I like feeling like an outcast and that follows me in everything I do.

Conservative - My clothing. I doubt anyone could say I dress anything but conservative. I grew up in the country. It wasn't considered conservative, it was the norm, the proper thing to do. If you wore anything that showed too much skin such as midriff shirts or short skirts (hell no one ever wore short skirts except cheerleading skirts, hold your laughter please) you were considered a slut. I've made some changes to my wardrobe since then of course but then I look around at the wives who don't dress "conservatively" and I am SO glad I'm not one of them.

I choose not to pass on the tag, mostly because I can't think of any words. Sorry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kimberly!

I was perusing Jes' tags and found your blog! Fun! Can I link yours to mine? I think I have some space left. :)

I was reading about the no-period thing...I know two people who have the same thing...so I hope you don't think you're the only one!

Anyway, lots of love, SO glad I'm getting to catch up - have a Happy Thanksgiving - I hope you make it back to Japan soon!!!!