16 March 2008

Karaoke

The spouses' club had a karaoke night at a local Japanese karaoke bar and of course we turned it into a competition. There were four teams, randomly selected (the XO's wife watched me do it because people don't know how to trust anymore!!!) representing the different decades. We had the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. I was on the 80s team. We competed in three different categories: best song, best costume, and best choreography. My team decided to perform to Thriller. I looked up the dance moves on YouTube and came up a dance routine. I got stuck with that job because M was singing and N was sick, plus M reminded me that I was once a cheerleader so it was right up my alley. We practiced our very long dance for two days before the "big day." Our costume consisted of our husband's uniform dress shirts (which I need to get drycleaned before Hubby gets home from cruise), ties, jean skirts, leggings, and leg warmers. Of course we had the ratted out hair and lots of eye makeup (purple). We ended up winning the dance contest, pity vote? Probably. I have it on videotape so Hubby and I watched it the next day. He couldn't stop laughing. Let's just say that a pregnant woman 6 months along dancing in heels isn't the most graceful thing. I'll be generous and share a picture. Please try to control your laughter...

No comments: