18 June 2013

Camp Grandma

It's that time of year again!  The kids are out of school, the weather is hot and I need a break from the kids.  It's time for Camp Grandma!  Woohoo!  This year things didn't go exactly as planned.  My dad landed himself in the hospital while my mom was visiting us for Boo's birthday and dance recital.  She flew back to Texas with the kids by herself and they spent the first few days of their vacation visiting Granddad in the hospital.  The rest of vacation was spent on modified activities since Granddad was laid up on the couch and couldn't help.  Sidenote: Granddad is not a happy invalid, especially when he's upset that his time with the grandkids is hindered.  Hubby and I drove down to visit and to pick the kids up two weeks later.  We had fun as always, but the kids plan on making up for missed activities next year.

Showing off the new barn kittens

I swear I have a picture exactly like this from when I was this age 

Mr. R loves this swing

Heading out to check the cows

Hubby was put to work cutting the hay

Cruising the pasture in style

Grandma sending them off with the breakfast of champions - homemade ice cream


No comments: