So we found out yesterday that we will definitely not being moving to Jacksonville. I think Hubby was a little disappointed. I won't even go into the details of why he didn't get it, it's very frustrating and a story that some people don't need to hear.
When I heard the news I wasn't really surprised, because of the untold story mentioned above I was prepared. I can honestly say that I wasn't really disappointed either. I'm not sure why though. Hubby is planning on working on a MBA during our next tour and JU would have been a great program for him. Not to mention I would have been less than 2 hours away from UF for when I need to take my final exams to graduate from my master's program. I also have some friends who have contacts in the office I wanted to work for in JAX. Maybe I'm kind of glad we're not going there because we sold our old house (not my idea) in a great neighborhood before moving here and now we would have to pay almost twice that to move back to that same area. I've told Hubby countless times that I can be like Pollyanna and play the "Glad Game" so it doesn't matter where we move. He still won't listen to me. It doesn't help that he has no idea who Pollyanna is. I'm mostly upset that we still don't have any idea where we're moving next and it's driving me nuts. I'm a planner, I need advance notice for things like this. Especially since the baby's due the end of June. I'm worried that Hubby won't be offered the job he wants because we would have to move to soon after the baby arrives. I've offered to move back early and stay with my parents so we won't have to deal with any of that but the idea was shot down pretty fast.
So I guess we'll just wait and wait some more until one day they finally decide to let us in on the little secret of where we get to go next.
No comments:
Post a Comment