18 May 2010

Birthday Cake

One of the girls at work recently had her birthday so I made her a cake.  Since she spent her birthday soaking up sun at the beach I thought it would be cute to try and make her a cake that showed something to do with water or the beach.  I had bought the new cupcake book, "What's New Cupcake," a few days before and used one of their creations.  I adapted it for a cake so it sped up the time to make it because I didn't have to ice a bunch of cupcakes. The kids helped me make it and we were able to finish the decorating in about 20 minutes.  Boo even managed to add a 3rd eye to one of the people.  I personally think it came out very cute and my co-worker loved it (or so she said!).  Here's a picture of the cake:

No comments: