11 August 2010
The Early Bird Gets Less Sleep...
My cousin’s wedding is this Saturday and the kids are in the wedding (plus it’s on the lake) so we are making the very looong trip up to Oklahoma. Our GPS says it’s about 13 hours. So when you factor in stopping for lunch and dinner we’re looking at roughly 15 hours. Ugh! Needless to say we’re not looking forward to the drive. Boo is the worst traveler ever. Our trip to Texas in May proved that. As we were discussing strategies for the trip, the mention of her pacifier came up. We decided that desperate times call for desperate measures. We bought a pacifier for emergencies and let me tell you, she had it in her mouth by 5am this morning. I know, I’m weak! We left our house at 4am (I took the first driving shift) and by the time we were in Alabama she was crying and screaming at us. Plus, I forgot to mention that she’s been losing her voice the last two days, so she has that raspy smoker’s voice. Around 5:30am along an Alabama back road right at the Mississippi line I had to pull the van over and threaten a 2yr old. Hubby and I had to switch places because Boo wouldn’t let him even look at her. It was ridiculous! I was literally parked in front of the “Welcome to Mississippi” sign telling my 2 yr old that I wasn’t crossing another state line unless she changed her attitude and stopped screaming. Thankfully once Hubby was driving and she could see me again, Boo fell asleep (with the pacifier and a dose of Benadryl, remember she’s sick) for about an hour and a half. This trip is not off to a good start!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment