11 August 2010

Greeting from Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas

Just before we crossed the Mississippi border (again!) we stopped at the Welcome Center for the kids to use the restroom. Crazy wasn’t as impressed with the Mississippi river as Hubby was.


From there we headed into Louisiana via small state roads. I’m starting to wonder about the route MapQuest told us to go. I think on the way home we’ll just follow the GPS instead. Now we’re in Arkansas and as I look out the window all I see are soybean and corn fields. It’s not exactly what I had in mind when I pictured Arkansas. Although to tell you the truth I’m not sure what I had in mind, maybe some rolling green hills/mountains? We just got done eating at a McDonald’s in some small town and now I’ve taken away Crazy’s DVD player in the hopes that he’ll take a nap. He didn’t even put up a fight (he’s been contently watching Scooby-doo before we stopped for lunch). Now Crazy’s quietly staring out of the window and Boo is using every stall tactic in the book to keep from taking a nap. Hubby has nicknamed her the “pterodactyl” and I have to say she sounds like a fairly convincing one. We’ve got to keep telling ourselves that the lake will be relaxing, we just have to get there first! Oh, wait! Crazy’s asleep! Man I love that kid! Such a first-rate traveler…

No comments: