It's that time of the year again! It's time for the International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas! My mom and I started attending this annual event the first year I was married, so almost ten years ago! We've been every year but two, once while I was in Japan and last year because we had just moved and I wasn't sure if Hubby would be home to stay with the kids. A few years ago we invited my Aunt D to join us and now the three of us look forward to this trip all year.
This year I knew that Hubby would be gone but made arrangements ahead of time. Last November (you have to make hotel reservations a year in advance) I asked my in-laws if they could come stay with the kids while I went to quilt festival. They agreed, so this year they flew in the day before I flew out. My in-laws will have their work cut out for them! The kids are very busy with school and extracurricular activities, and on top of that they have Halloween to deal with! I made them a daily checklist of the kids' schedules so they wouldn't forget anything and hung them in the kitchen.
Hiccup and I flew out first thing the morning of Halloween and arrived in Texas before lunch ready to begin a much needed vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment