09 March 2012

Bow Organizer

Boo's bows were beginning to get out of hand.  I had been keeping them in an old oatmeal container that I covered with fabric and it had worked fine when she only had a few.  She now has a decent number of bows and I couldn't fit them all in the container.  Plus when I needed to get to one, I had to dump them all out.  I saw a bow organizer I liked on Pinterest and decided to try to make one similar to it.  We had an old 11x14 picture frame that Hubby suggested I use and I bought a bunch of teacups hooks.  Being the wimp that I am I had Hubby screw the hooks into the bottom of the frame.  Then Mr. R and I headed to Home Depot to pick out some paint (he chose yellow).  After 3 coats of paint, I stapled strips of coordinating ribbon to the back of the frame and stepped back to admire our handiwork.

Hubby finally figured out why I kept telling him the hooks were for Boo's headbands (and jewelry) when I hung some up on the organizer.  I swear I saw a light go on above him!  I love, love, love the bow organizer.  At first I wasn't too sure about the frame because you could see the grain after 3 coats of paint.  Now that it's finished though it looks cute.  Of course now that all of her bows are up it's completely full.  I had hoped to be able to use it for both of the girls, but now I think I'll make either a matching or a coordinating one for Hiccup.

No comments: