10 March 2012

Time for Tea

Recently there was a Groupon for a local tea shop.  I say "local" but it takes an hour to get there.  Anyway, I purchased the Groupon, which was for a Royal Tea for Two, and Sarah and I split it.  She was getting ready to move back home, so we decided last minute to drive up for Sunday tea.  Because we went on a Sunday it was a little different of a set-up.  Normally we would have been served a typical tea course, tea, scones, sandwiches, dessert, but on Sunday's they serve a buffet brunch.  We were allowed to help ourselves to the buffet and they also brought us a shrimp cocktail, cucumber cups, and a special dessert plate. 

The food was delicious and we both ate a lot.  I was able to try 3 out of the 4 desserts before I gave up.  Poor Sarah couldn't eat another bite after one.  Of course she's nine months pregnant so it's not like she had a lot of room to begin with.  We had two different teas with our meal, an herbal mint and a cherry almond.  I liked both, but the cherry almond was definitely my favorite.  
As we were leaving the tea shop we noticed a children's consignment sale going on next door.  We stopped in to check it out since it was half-price day and picked up a few things for our girls.  I'm pretty sure our husbands didn't believe us when we told them that we had no idea the sale was going on when we made the tea reservations.  We had a great time and it was a nice way to (temporarily) say good-bye to a good friend.

1 comment:

Pearl said...

Fabulous tea time with a fabulous friend! What a crazy coincidence finding that consignment sale was...I don't think Pat believed it was by accident:)