Since Hubby was gone on a luxury cruise on Mr. R's birthday, we decided to wait and have his birthday party when he got home. To avoid having to clean the house and to minimize the stress on the cats we decided to have his party at the bowling alley on base. We went bowling one Saturday before Hubby left to check the place out. It was really nice, as far as bowling alleys go. The kids had fun bowling and Mr. R busted out his dance moves while waiting his turn.
For his party Hubby didn't want to invite Mr. R's whole class so he chose a few of his close friends to invite. Only one little girl made the cut. He told me that she was his "favorite girl." It was too cute. I only say that because I know who the little girl is that he was talking about and she used to sit at his table at school. I think she may have been the only girl he knew out of his class.
Waiting their turns
Boo loved bowling
"I missed!"
Mr. R requested a Skylanders birthday cake. If you don't know what Skylanders is you can check it out here. It's basically a video game that uses action figures as part of the game. You can buy over 30 different Skylanders to play in the game and you place the action figure on a special portal. The portal "brings them to life" in the game. Mr. R got the game for Christmas and is hooked. So is Hubby for that matter. The problem is that the game is so new that they don't have any other merchandise available. I found a company, Single Source Party Supply, online that sold personalized Skylanders edible icing sheets.
Skylanders cake
I highly recommend this company if you need an edible icing sheet. I ordered the cake topper and they quickly responded back to find out what personalization I wanted. They emailed me a proof for approval the same day. It was shipped the next day and I received it fast, a day before I expected it, which was impressive since it was coming from British Columbia! I took the icing sheet to the commissary bakery and they put it on a 1/4 sheet cake for me and then piped a border around it. Mr. R loved the cake and constantly asked to look at it. I took the proof they emailed me and printed it out on fusible fabric and ironed it onto a t-shirt. I made the t-shirt the night before his birthday in about 10 minutes because he asked for a Skylanders shirt to wear for his birthday. If I had more time I would have bought some different printable fabric, maybe the kind for dark shirts, but he didn't care. He asked to wear the shirt again for his party. Even though the instructions says not to wash it, I did (hung it to dry) and it still looked good.
Mr. R LOVED his cake!
We had a great time bowling and Mr. R was happy we waited for his dad to be there. Boo keeps asking when her party will be. I guess I should start planning now...
No comments:
Post a Comment